The Italian Dolomites with Erin Babnik
August 1st-9th, 8 participants
Optional 2 day Extension, August 10th - 11th
One spot available!
This workshop includes eight days of adventure photography in some of the most spectacular wilderness areas in the Dolomites of northern Italy. This workshop is designed for people with a spirit of adventure who want to experience and photograph some of the more remote locations of the Dolomites. In order to get out of the valleys and into the mountains, we will spend seven nights in beautifully situated alpine huts, which allows the experience of backpacking without the necessity to carry much more than your camera gear. We will then wrap up the trip with an eighth night in the comfort of a four-star hotel, where we will hold a substantial post-processing session in the hotel’s conference room. Our focus is on helping you to create outstanding photos in incredible locations. Whether you are just getting started in photography or are already a seasoned pro, we’ll put you in the right place at the right time and will provide you with whatever guidance you require to get unique shots of the Dolomites for your portfolio. Included in the price is accommodation and full-board for eight nights, transportation between locations, and the benefit of two instructors for location guidance, field technique, and post-processing instruction.
What's Included/Not Included
- Guidance to the best photography locations in the Italian Dolomites.
- In field instruction on capture technique(composition, compensating for high dynamic range, focus stacking, among other techniques).
- Processing instruction including everything such as raw processing, blending exposures using luminosity masks, focus stacking, the orton effect, artistic finishing touches in photoshop, and preparation and sharpening for web and print.
- Transportation between locations
- Lodging and Meals
- Guaranteed adventure
- Transportation to our meeting point, Cortina d'Ampezzo, at the beginning of the workshop, and back to the airport you will depart from at the conclusion of the workshop. (Full details are in the brochure, link to download is below)
- Additional snacks, alcohol or other beverages
While adventure and great photos are our main goal, your safety is a priority along with treating the land we travel on with respect, practicing "leave no trace" ethics. Ted and Erin are seasoned backcountry travelers, Wilderness First Responder certified by Wilderness Medical Associates, and insured.
In order for participants to have a comfortable experience where they can concentrate on the photography, it is highly advised that you be physically able to hike comfortably for 4-6 miles in a day, have proper attire consisting of non-cotton outdoor dedicated clothing, including an assortment of layers to keep you comfortable in temperatures ranging from 15 F up to 80 F as mountain conditions can vary greatly.